Here at the Delta Stewardship Council, we strive to attract the best and brightest minds to join us in working toward our mission of achieving a resilient California water supply and Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta ecosystem, while protecting and enhancing the unique, cultural, recreational, natural resource, and agricultural values of the region as an evolving place. To learn about our most recent work, view the 2020 Annual Report and the 2019 Annual Report.
The staff of the Council have identified five core values which capture what each person brings to the organization and how we carry out the Council’s work:
- Passion and Dedication: We are passionate about our role as stewards of the Delta and dedicated to our unique role to protect the region for all Californians. As public servants, we work with diligence and perseverance to serve the public interest. In support of our passion and dedication, we cultivate opportunities for learning, mentoring, and personal and professional growth.
- Integrity: We work to uphold professional standards, ethics, and knowledge. We seek to achieve transparency in our processes, maintain objectivity in decision-making, and achieve relevance in our regulations.
- Innovation: We are motivated to innovate to advance the mission of the organization. We embrace new technologies and modern approaches to creating and sharing information.
- Collaboration: We work to foster collaboration and build trust to fulfill our obligation as an honest broker of scientific information to inform policy.
- Diversity and Inclusiveness: We value diversity and are committed to fostering an environment in which employees from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and professional experiences are welcomed and can thrive.
Vacancies listed below are available to persons with civil service eligibility. Only persons with list, transfer, reinstatement, or training and development eligibility may be considered. Indicate the nature of your eligibility on your application, and, if using list eligibility, indicate the name of the testing department and your score on the application. For information on how to obtain list eligibility, visit jobs.ca.gov.
Supervising Engineer, WR
Position Number: 530-001-3258-002
Job Code Number: 268490
Final Filing Date: 9/23/2021
Final Mailing Date: 9/23/2021
CalHR (CalCareers) website: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=268490
Staff Services Analyst (SSA)
Position Number: 530-001-5157-xxx
Job Code Number: 268316
Final Filing Date: 9/20/2021
Final Mailing Date: 9/20/2021
CalHR (CalCareers) website: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=268316